Tuesday, February 14

Rudy the red-nosed Reinbeer

As soon as I saw this on Pinterest, I knew two things: 1) I had to make these because they are freakin' cute, and 2) I knew exactly who I was going to make them for - my boss. I'm pretty sure Guinness is his drink of choice (well, after tea and Dr. Enuf).
To make a long story short, I procrastinated a bit and it was the night before our Christmas lunch and I had to get these little reinbeers done! Walmart, K-Mart and Big Lots were all out of antlers (aka: brown fuzzy bendy-sticks), so in a last-minute effort we risked our lives to go to the Walmart in Rivergate, and sho-nuff they had some! I dragged Patrick all over Hendersonville for fuzzy antler pipe cleaners. I also went out a limb and got the sparkly red poofs for noses (although you can't really tell from the photo).

Anywho, here is the finished result:
I love Christmas craft-gifts. I think they make gift-giving so much more enjoyable because you and the receiver know you put effort and time into the gift rather than just swinging by the store on the way to the party (guilty). Anyone else make any of the gifts they gave this year?
ps - He loved them! But, I think you're supposed to take the antlers off? haha

No comments: